Thursday, October 8, 2009

HOLY CRAP I'M IN INDIA

As I write this I've been up, more or less, for the past four days. In a brief summary here's a recap (I'll add prose later):

--Woke up at my friends' house in Portland, Maine at 5AM Tuesday morning.
--Got to the bus station and grabbed one to Boston South Station.
--Grabbed a Chinatown bus down to Manhattan.
--NYC Subway out to Bushwick, Brooklyn
--Stayed at a friends house. They just moved in and didn't have heat, hot water or electricity.
--That didn't stop a late-night song-trading session.
--It also didn't stop me from taking a cold shower, in the dark, and then sleeping on the floor. Yeah, that's how tough I am. I also had a bowl of gravel and sand for breakfast.
--Train out to JFK. Way too early.
--A really long flight is something that messes with you perceptions of a lot of things. I write about that in particular.
--Land in Chennai.
--Realized I was in India. But there is really no way I could be any where else. Like, India. For real. India. Cows in the street. Women in saris. The kaleidoscope of smells and colors.
--Auto rickshaw to the bus stop, crazy bus ride down the coast at dawn.
--Landing in Mahabalipuram.
--Found a room got a bath and now I will sleep.

I'll write it out more detailed-style tomorrow. When I'll be, hopefully, somewhat more coherent.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Glad you have arrived safe. I have been thinking about you since you left. Write when you can... have a great time and I love You!!

    ReplyDelete